english and chines


optimistic乐观
independent独立的
out-going外向的
active 活泼的
able 有才干的,能干的;
adaptable 适应性强的
active 主动的,活跃的;
aggressive 有进取心的
ambitious 有雄心壮志的;
amiable 和蔼可亲的
amicable 友好的;
analytical 善于分析的
apprehensive 有理解力的;
aspiring 有志气的,有抱负的
audacious 大胆的,有冒险精神的;
capable 有能力的,有才能的
careful 办理仔细的;
candid 正直的
competent 能胜任的;
constructive 建设性的
cooperative 有合作精神的;
creative 富创造力的
dedicated 有奉献精神的;
dependable 可靠的
diplomatic 老练的,有策略的;
disciplined 守纪律的
dutiful 尽职的;
well--educated 受过良好教育的
efficient 有效率的;
energetic 精力充沛的
expressivity 善于表达;
faithful 守信的,忠诚的
frank 直率的,真诚的;
generous 宽宏大量的
genteel 有教养的;
gentle 有礼貌的
humorous 有幽默;
impartial 公正的
independent 有主见的;
industrious 勤奋的
ingenious 有独创性的;
motivated 目的明确的
intelligent 理解力强的;
learned 精通某门学问的
logical 条理分明的;
methodical 有方法的
modest 谦虚的;
objective 客观的
precise 一丝不苟的;
punctual 严守时刻的
realistic 实事求是的;
responsible 负责的
sensible 明白事理的;
porting 光明正大的
steady 踏实的;
systematic 有系统的
purposeful 意志坚强的;
sweet-tempered 性情温和的
temperate 稳健的;
tireless 孜孜不倦的
Personality 性格
education 学历
educational history 学历
educational background 教育程度
curriculum 课程
major 主修
minor 副修
educational highlights 课程重点部分
curriculum included 课程包括
specialized courses 专门课程
courses taken 所学课程
special training 特别训练
social practice 社会实践
part-time jobs 业余工作
summer jobs 暑期工作
vacation jobs 假期工作
refresher course 进修课程
extracurricular activities 课外活动
physical activities 体育活动
recreational activities 娱乐活动
academic activities 学术活动
social activities 社会活动
rewards 奖励
scholarship 奖学金
excellent League member 优秀团员
excellent leader 优秀干部
student council 学生会
off-job training 脱产培训
in-job training 在职培训
educational system 学制
academic year 学年
semester 学期(美)
term 学期(英)
supervisor 论文导师
pass 及格
fail 不及格
marks 分数
examination 考试
degree 学位
post doctorate 博士后
doctor(Ph.D) 博士
master 硕士
bachelor 学士
graduate student 研究生
abroad student 留学生
abroad student 留学生
undergraduate 大学肆业生
government-supported student 公费生
commoner 自费生
extern 走读生
intern 实习生
prize fellow 奖学金生
boarder 寄宿生
graduate 毕业生
guest student 旁听生(英)
auditor 旁听生(美) day-student 走读生
 

1. I see. 我明白了。

2. I quit! 我不干了!

3. Let go! 放手!

4. Me too. 我也是。

5. My god! 天哪!

6. No way! 不行!

7. Come on. 来吧(赶快)

8. Hold on. 等一等。

9. I agree。 我同意。

10. Not bad. 还不错。



11. Not yet. 还没。

12. See you. 再见。

13. Shut up! 闭嘴!

14. So long. 再见。

15. Why not? 好呀! (为什么不呢?)

16. Allow me. 让我来。

17. Be quiet! 安静点!

18. Cheer up! 振作起来!

19. Good job! 做得好!

20. Have fun! 玩得开心!

21. How much? 多少钱?

22. I'm full. 我饱了。

23. I'm home. 我回来了。

24. I'm lost. 我迷路了。

25. My treat. 我请客。

26. So do I. 我也一样。

27. This way。 这边请。

28. After you. 您先。

29. Bless you! 祝福你!

30. Follow me. 跟我来。

31. Forget it! 休想! (算了!)

32. Good luck! 祝好运!

33. I decline! 我拒绝!

34. I promise. 我保证。

35. Of course! 当然了!

36. Slow down! 慢点!

37. Take care! 保重!

38. They hurt. (伤口)疼。

39. Try again. 再试试。

40. Watch out! 当心。

41. What's up? 有什么事吗?

42. Be careful! 注意!

43. Bottoms up! 干杯(见底)!

44. Don't move! 不许动!

45. Guess what? 猜猜看?

46. I doubt it 我怀疑。

47. I think so. 我也这么想。

48. I'm single. 我是单身贵族。

49. Keep it up! 坚持下去!

50. Let me see.让我想想。

51. Never mind.不要紧。

52. No problem! 没问题!

53. That's all! 就这样!

54. Time is up. 时间快到了。

55. What's new? 有什么新鲜事吗?

56. Count me on 算上我。

57. Don't worry. 别担心。

58. Feel better? 好点了吗?

59. I love you! 我爱你!

60. I'm his fan。 我是他的影迷。

61. Is it yours? 这是你的吗?

62. That's neat. 这很好。

63. Are you sure? 你肯定吗?

64. Do l have to 非做不可吗?

65. He is my age. 他和我同岁。

66. Here you are. 给你。

67. No one knows . 没有人知道。

68. Take it easy. 别紧张。

69. What a pity! 太遗憾了!

70. Any thing else? 还要别的吗?

71. To be careful! 一定要小心!

72. Do me a favor? 帮个忙,好吗?

73. Help yourself. 别客气。

74. I'm on a diet. 我在节食。

75. Keep in Touch. 保持联络。

76. Time is money. 时间就是金钱。

77. Who's calling? 是哪一位?

78. You did right. 你做得对。

79. You set me up! 你出卖我!

80. Can I help you? 我能帮你吗?

81. Enjoy yourself! 祝你玩得开心!

82. Excuse me,Sir. 先生,对不起。

83. Give me a hand! 帮帮我!

84. How's it going? 怎么样?

85. I have no idea. 我没有头绪。

86. I just made it! 我做到了!

87. I'll see to it 我会留意的。

88. I'm in a hurry! 我在赶时间!

89. It's her field. 这是她的本行。

90. It's up to you. 由你决定。

91. Just wonderful! 简直太棒了!

92. What about you? 你呢?

93. You owe me one.你欠我一个人情。

94. You're welcome. 不客气。

95. Any day will do. 哪一天都行夕

96. Are you kidding? 你在开玩笑吧!

97. Congratulations! 祝贺你!

98. T can't help it. 我情不自禁。

99. I don't mean it. 我不是故意的。

100. I'll fix you Up. 我会帮你打点的

101. It sounds great!. 听起来很不错。

102. It's a fine day。 今天是个好天。

103. So far,So good. 目前还不错。

104. What time is it? 几点了?

105. You can make it! 你能做到!

106. Control yourself! 克制一下!

107. He came by train. 他乘火车来。

108. He is ill in bed. 他卧病在床。

109. He lacks courage. 他缺乏勇气。

110. How's everything? 一切还好吧?

111. I have no choice. 我别无选择。

112. I like ice-cream. 我喜欢吃冰淇淋。

113. I love this game. 我钟爱这项运动。

114. I'll try my best. 我尽力而为。

115. I'm On your side. 我全力支持你。

116. Long time no see! 好久不见!

117. No pain,no gain. 不劳无获。

118. Well,it depends 噢,这得看情况。

119. We're all for it. 我们全都同意。

120. What a good deal! 真便宜!

121. What should I do? 我该怎么办?

122. You asked for it! 你自讨苦吃!

123. You have my word. 我保证。

124. Believe it or not! 信不信由你!

125. Don't count on me.别指望我。

126. Don't fall for it! 别上当!

127. Don't let me down. 别让我失望。

128. Easy come easy go. 来得容易,去得快。

129. I beg your pardon. 请你原谅。

130. I beg your pardon? 请您再说一遍(我没有听清)。

131. I'll be back soon. 我马上回来。

132. I'll check it out. 我去查查看。

133. It’s a long story. 说来话长。

134. It’s Sunday today. 今天是星期天。

135. Just wait and see! 等着瞧!

136. Make up your mind. 做个决定吧。

137. That's all I need. 我就要这些。

138. The view is great. 景色多么漂亮!

139. The wall has ears. 隔墙有耳。

140. There comes a bus. 汽车来了。

141. What day is today? 今天星期几?

142. What do you think? 你怎么认为?

143. Who told you that? 谁告诉你的?

144. Who's kicking off? 现在是谁在开球?

145. Yes,I suppose So. 是的,我也这么认为。

146. You can't miss it 你一定能找到的。

147. Any messages for me? 有我的留言吗?

148. Don't be so modest. 别谦虚了。

149. Don't give me that! 少来这套!

150. He is a smart boy. 他是个小机灵鬼。

151. He is just a child. 他只是个孩子。

152. I can't follow you. 我不懂你说的。

153. I felt sort of ill. 我感觉有点不适。

154. I have a good idea! 我有一个好主意。

155. It is growing cool. 天气渐渐凉爽起来。

156. It seems all right. 看来这没问题。

157. It's going too far. 太离谱了。

158. May I use your pen? 我可以用你的笔吗?

159. She had a bad cold. 她患了重感冒。

160. That's a good idea. 这个主意真不错。

161. The answer is zero. 白忙了。

162. What does she like? 她喜欢什么?

163. As soon as possible! 越快越好!

164. He can hardly speak. 他几乎说不出话来。

165. He always talks big. 他总是吹牛。

166. He won an election. 他在选举中获胜。

167. I am a football fan. 我是个足球迷。

168. If only I could fly. 要是我能飞就好了。

169. I'll be right there. 我马上就到。

170. I'll see you at six. 我六点钟见你。

171. IS it true or false? 这是对的还是错的?

172. Just read it for me. 就读给我听好了。

173. Knowledge is power. 知识就是力量。

174. Move out of my way! 让开!

175. Time is running out. 没时间了。

176. We are good friends. 我们是好朋友。

177. What's your trouble? 你哪儿不舒服?

178. You did fairly well! 你干得相当不错1

179. Clothes make the man. 人要衣装。

180. Did you miss the bus? 你错过公共汽车了?

181. Don't lose your head。 不要惊慌失措。

182. He can't take a joke. 他开不得玩笑。


183. He owes my uncle $100.他欠我叔叔100美元。

184. How are things going? 事情进展得怎样?

185. How are you recently? 最近怎么样?

186. I know all about it. 我知道有关它的一切。

187. It really takes time. 这样太耽误时间了。

188. It's against the law. 这是违法的。

189. Love me,love my dog. (谚语)爱屋及乌。

190. My mouth is watering. 我要流口水了。

191. Speak louder,please. 说话请大声点儿。

192. This boy has no job. 这个男孩没有工作。

193. This house is my own. 这所房子是我自己的。

194. What happened to you? 你怎么了?

195. You are just in time. 你来得正是时候。

196. You need to workout. 你需要去运动锻炼一下。

197. Your hand feels cold. 你的手摸起来很冷。。

198. Don't be so childish. 别这么孩子气。

199. Don't trust to chance! 不要碰运气。

200. Fasten your seat belt. 系好你的安全带。

201. He has a large income. 他有很高的收入。

202. He looks very healthy. 他看来很健康。

203. He paused for a reply. 他停下来等着•回答。

204. He repaired his house. 他修理了他的房子。

205. He suggested a picnic. 他建议搞一次野餐。

206. Here's a gift for you. 这里有个礼物送给你。

207. How much does it cost? 多少钱?

208. I caught the last bus. 我赶上了最后一班车。

209. I could hardly speak. 我简直说不出话来。

210. I'll have to try that. 我得试试这么做。

211. I'm very proud of you. 我为你感到非常骄傲。

212. It doesn't make sense. 这没有意义(不合常理)。

213. Make yourself at home. 请不要拘礼。

214. My car needs washing. 我的车需要洗一洗。

215. None of your business! 与你无关!

216. Not a sound was heard. 一点声音也没有。

217. That's always the case. 习以为常了。

218. The road divides here. 这条路在这里分岔。

219. Those are watermelons. 那些是西瓜。

220. What a nice day it is! 今天天气真好!

221. What's wrong with you? 你哪里不对劲?

222. You are a chicken. 你是个胆小鬼。

223. A lovely day,isn't it? 好天气,是吗?

224. He is collecting money. 他在筹集资金。

225. He was born in New York. 他出生在纽约。

226. He was not a bit tired. 他一点也不累。

227. I will be more careful. 我会小心一些的,

228. I will never forget it. 我会记着的。

229. It is Just what I need. 这正是我所需要的。

230. It rather surprised me. 那事使我颇感惊讶。

231. Just around the comer. 就在附近。

232. Just for entertainment. 只是为了消遣一下。

233. Let bygones be bygones. 过去的,就让它过去吧。

234. Mother doesn't make up. 妈妈不化妆。

235. Oh,you are kidding me. 哦,你别拿我开玩笑了。

236. She has been to school. 她上学去了。

237. Skating is interesting. 滑冰很有趣。

238. Supper is ready at six. 晚餐六点钟就好了。

239. That's a terrific idea! 真是好主意!

240. What horrible weather! 这鬼天气!

241. Which would you prefer? 你要选哪个?

242. Does she like ice-cream? 她喜欢吃冰淇淋吗?

243. First come first served. 先到先得。

244. Great minds think alike. 英雄所见略同。

245. He has a sense of humor. 他有幽默感。

246. He is acting an old man. 他正扮演一个老人。

247. He is looking for a job. 他正在找工作。

248. He doesn't care about me. 他并不在乎我。

249. I develop films myself. 我自己冲洗照片。

250. I felt no regret for it. 对这件事我不觉得后悔。

251. I get up at six o'clock. 我六点起床。

252. I meet the boss himself. 我见到了老板本人。

253. I owe you for my dinner. 我欠你晚餐的钱。

254. I really enjoyed myself. 我玩得很开心。

255. I'm fed up with my work! 我对工作烦死了!

256. It's no use complaining. 发牢骚没什么用。

257. She's under the weather. 她心情•不好。

258. The child sobbed sadly. 小孩伤心地抽泣着。

259. The rumor had no basis. 那谣言没有•根据。

260. They praised him highly. 他们大大地表扬了他。

261. Winter is a cold season. 冬天是一个,寒冷的季节。

262. You can call me any time. 你可以随时打电话给我。

263. 15 divided by3 equals 5. 15除以3等于5。

264. All for one,one for all. 我为人人,人人为我。

265. East,west,home is best. 金窝,银窝,不如自己的草窝。

266. He grasped both my hands. 他紧握住我的双手。

267. He is physically mature. 他身体己发育成熟。

268. I am so sorry about this. 对此我非常抱歉(遗憾)。

269. I can't afford a new car. 我买不起一部新车。

270. I do want to see him now. 我现在确实很想去见他。

271. I have the right to know. 我有权知道。

272. I heard some one laughing. 我听见有人在笑。

273. I suppose you dance much. 我想你常常跳舞吧。

274. I walked across the park. 我穿过了公园。

275. I'll just play it by ear. 我到时随机应变。

276. I'm not sure I can do it. 恐怕这事我干不了。

277. I'm not used to drinking. 我不习惯喝酒。

278. Is the cut still painful? 伤口还在痛吗?

279. It's too good to be true! 好得难以置信。

280. Jean is a blue-eyed girl. 珍是个蓝眼睛的女孩。

281. Let's not waste our time. 咱们别浪费时间了。

282. May I ask some questions? 我可以问几个问题吗?

283. Money is not everything. 金钱不是一切。

284. Neither of the men spoke. 两个人都没说过话。

285. Stop making such a noise. 别吵了。

286. That makes no difference. 没什么区别。

287. The price is reasonable. 价格还算合理。

288. They crowned him king. 他们拥立他为国王。

289. They're in red and white. 他们穿着红白相间的衣服。

290. We all desire happiness. 我们都想要幸福。

291. We just caught the plane 我们刚好赶上了飞机。

292. What shall we do tonight? 我们今天晚上去干点儿什么呢?

293. What's your goal in life 你的人生目标是什么?

294. When was the house built? 这幢房子是什么时候建造的?

295. Why did you stay at home? 为什么呆在家里?

296. Would you like some help? 需要帮忙吗?

297. You mustn't aim too high 你不可好高骛远。

298. You're really killing me! 真是笑死我了!

299. You've got a point there. 你说得挺有道理的。

300. Being criticized is awful! 被人批评真是痛苦


301. Did you enter the contest? 你参加比赛了吗?

302. Do you accept credit cards? 你们收信用卡吗?

303. Don't cry over spilt milk. 不要做无益的后悔。

304. Don't let chances pass by. 不要让机遇从我们身边溜走。

305. He owned himself defeated. 他承认自己失败了。

306. He seems at little nervous. 他显得有点紧张。

307. He strolls about the town. 他在镇上四处遛达。

308. Her tooth ached all night. 她牙疼了一整夜。

309. How about a drink tonight? 今晚喝一杯怎样?

310. I can do nothing but that. 我只会做那件事。

311. I get hold of you at last. 我终于找到你了。

312. I have a surprise for you.我有一个意想不到的东西给你看。

313. I like all kinds of fruit. 我喜欢各种各样的水果。

314. I saw it with my own eyes. 我亲眼所见。

315. I will arrange everything. 我会安排一切的。

316. I wish I knew my neighbor. 我很想认识我的邻居。

317. I would like to check out. 我想结帐。

318. It has be come much cooler. 天气变得凉爽多了。

319. It's time you went to bed. 你早就该睡觉了。

320. No spitting on the street. 禁止在大街上吐痰。

321. She was totally exhausted. 她累垮了。

322. Show your tickets,please. 请出示你的票。

323. Thank you for your advice. 谢谢你的建议。

324. That's the latest fashion. 这是最流行的款式。

325. The train arrived on time. 火车准时到达。

326. There go the house lights. 剧院的灯光灭了。

327. They are paid by the hour. 他们按时取酬。

328. Things are getting better. 情况正在好转。

329. Wake me up at five thirty. 请在五点半叫醒我。

330. We are all busy with work. 我们都忙于工作。

331. Where do you want to meet? 你想在哪儿见面?

332. You can get what you want. 你能得到你想要的。

333. A barking dog doesn't bite! 吠犬不咬人。

334. Are you free this Saturday? 你这个星期六有空吗?

335. Be careful not to fall ill. 注意不要生病了。

336. Being a mother is not easy. 做一个母亲是不容易的。

337. Brevity is the soul of wit. 简洁是智慧的精华。


338. Cancer is a deadly disease. 癌症是一种致命的疾病。


339. Did you fight with others? 你又和别人打架了吗?


340. Don't dream away your time. 不要虚度光阴。


341. Don't keep me waiting long. 不要让我等得太久。


342. He has a remarkable memory. 他有惊人的记忆力。


343. He has completed the task. 他完成了这个任务。


344. He has quite a few friends. 他有不少的朋友。


345. He is capable of any crime.他什么样的坏事都能干得出来。


346. He walks with a quick pace. 他快步走路。


347. He was not a little tired. 他很累。


348. His looks are always funny. 他的样子总是滑稽可笑。


349. How about going to a movie? 去看场电影怎么样?


350. I think I've caught a cold.我想我得了感冒。


351. I was taking care of Sally. 我在照顾萨莉。


352. I wish I lived in NEWYORK. 我希望住在纽约。


353. I'm very glad to hear that. 很高兴听你这样说。


354. I'm your lucky fellow then. 我就是你的幸运舞伴啦!


355. It's none of your business! 这不关你的事儿!


356. No littering on the campus. 在校园内不准乱丢废物。


357. She is a good-looking girl. 她是一个漂亮女孩。


358. She mended the broken doll. 她修补了破了的洋娃娃。


359. So I just take what I want. 那么我只拿我所需要的东西。


360. Spring is a pretty season, 春天是一个好季节。


361. The figure seems all Right. 数目看起来是对的。


362. The stars are too far away. 星星太遥远了。


363. The whole world knows that. 全世界都知道。


364. Tomorrow will be a holiday. 明天放假。


365. We walk on the garden path. 我们走在花园小径上。


366. What you need is just rest. 你需要的就是休息。


367. What's your favorite steps? 你最喜欢跳什么舞?


368. You'd better let her alone.你们最好是让她一个人呆会儿。


369. A lost chance never returns. 错过的机会永不再来。


370. Don't let this get you down. 不要为此灰心丧气。


371. He shot the lion with a gun. 他用枪把狮子打死了。


372. I don't think you are right. 我认为你是不对的。


373. I have never seen the movie. 我从未看过那部电影。


374. I haven't seen you for ages. 我好久没见到你了。


375. I was alone,but not lonely.我独自一人,但并不觉得寂寞。


376. I went there three days ago. 我三天前去过那儿。


377. It's a friendly competition. 这是一场友谊赛。


378. It's very thoughtful of you. 你想得真周到。


379. May I speak to Lora,please? 我能和劳拉说话吗?


380. Mr.Wang is fixing his bike. 王先生在修他的自行车。


381. My brother is see king a job. 我弟弟正在找工作。


382. Nancy will retire next year. 南希明年就退休了。


383. Neither you nor he is wrong. 你没错,他也没错。


384. Opportunity knocks but once. 机不可失,时不再来。


385. She dressed herself hastily. 她匆忙穿上衣服。


386. She hired a car by the hour.她租了一辆按钟点计费的汽车。


387. Someone is ringing the bell. 有人在按门铃。


388. The Smiths are my neighbors. 史密斯一家是我的邻居。


389. These shoes don't fit right. 这双鞋不太合适。


390. This is only the first half. 这才是上半场呢。


391. This pen doesn't write well. 这钢笔不好写。


392. Would you like a cup of tea? 你想喝杯茶吗?


393. You really look sharp today. 你今天真漂亮。


394. Another cat came to my house. 又有一只猫来到我家了。


395. Check your answers with mine.把你的答案跟我的核对一下。


396. Don't keep the truth from me. 别瞒着我事实真相。


397. Everything has its beginning. 凡事都有开端。


398. He came to the point at once. 他一下子就说到了点子上。


399. He fell behind with his work. 他工作落后了。


400. He is the happiest man alive. 他是世界上最快乐的人。


401. He neither smokes nor drinks. 他既不抽烟也不喝酒。


402. He ran his horse up the hill. 他策马跑上小山。


403. He reminds me of his brother. 他使我想起了他的弟弟。


404. He was efficient in his work. 他工作效率高。


405. He will do anything but work.只要不是干活,他干什么都行。


406. His father runs a restaurant. 他的父亲经营一家餐馆。


407. I have something to tell you. 我有事要告诉你。


408. I smelled a smell of cooking. 我闻到了烧菜做饭的味道。


409. I want to see the film again. 我真想再看一遍。


410. I've got too much work to do. 我要做的工作太多了。


411. Let's go for a walk,shall we? 咱们出去走走,好吗?


412. Please let me check the bill. 请让我核对一下帐单。


413. Plenty of sleep is healthful. 充足的睡眠有益于健康。


414. The sun comes up in the east. 太阳从东方升起。


415. This is because we feel pain. 这是因为我们能感到疼痛。


416. What do you desire me to do? 你想要我做什么?


417. What you said was quite true. 你所说的完全符合事实。


418. You can either stay or leave. 你或者留下或者离开。


419. Your life is your own affair. 你的生活是你自己的事。


420. All that glitters is not gold. 发闪光的不全是黄金。


421. Are you going to have a party? 你要举行聚会吗?


422. Aren't you concerned about it? 难道你不担心吗?


423. Don't forget to keep in touch. 别忘了保持联系。


424. He broke his words once again. 他又一次违背了诺言。


425. He is in his everyday clothes. 他穿着平常的衣服。


426. He is taller than I by ahead. 他比我高一头。


427. He led them down the mountain. 他带他们下山。


428. He was trained to be a lawyer. 他被培养成一名律师。


429. I am afraid that l have to go. 我要走了。


430. I don't have any cash with me. 我身上没带现金。


431. I have been putting on weight. 我开始发胖了。


432. I have just finished the book. 我刚刚读完这本书。


433. I was late for work yesterday, 我昨天上班迟到了。


434. It appears to be a true story. 这故事似乎是真的。


435. I've got to start working out. 我必须开始做健身运动了。


436. Japan is to the east of China. 日本在中国的东部。


437. John asked Grace to marry him, 约翰向格雷斯求婚。


438. My watch is faster than yours. 我的表比你的表快。


439. New China was founded in l949. 1949年新中国成立。


440. Thanks for your flattering me. 多谢你的夸奖。


441. They charged the fault on him. 他们把过失归咎于他。


442. This car is in good condition. 这车性能很好。


443. This work itself is very easy. 这件工作本身很容易。


444. Truth is the daughter of time. 时间见真理。


What are you trying to say?(你到底想说什么?)


Don't be silly.(别胡闹了。)


How strong are your glasses?(你近视多少度?)


Just because.(没有别的原因。)


It isn't the way I hoped it would be.(这不是我所盼望的。)


You will never guess.(你永远猜不到。)


No one could do anything about it.(众人对此束手无措。)


I saw something deeply disturbing.(深感事情不妙。)


Money is a good servant but a bad master.(要做金钱的主人,莫做金钱的奴隶。)


I am not available.(我正忙着)


Wisdom in the mind is better than money in the hand.(脑中的知识比手中的金钱更重要)


Never say die.it's a piece of cake.别泄气,那只是小菜一碟。


Don't worry.you'll get use to it soon.别担心,很快你就会习惯的。


I konw how you feel.我明白你的感受。


You win some.you lose some.胜败乃兵家常事。


Don't bury your head in the sand.不要逃避现实。


I didn't expect you to such a good job.我没想到你干得这么好。


You are coming alone well.你做得挺顺利。


She is well-build.她的身材真棒。


You look neat and fresh.你看起来很清纯。


You have a beautiful personality.你的气质很好。


You flatter me immensely.你过奖啦。


You should be slow to judge others.你不应该随意评论别人。


I hope you will excuse me if i make any mistake.如有任何错误,请你原谅


It was most careless ofme.我太粗心了。


It was quite by accident.真是始料不及。


I wish i had all the time i'd ever wasted,so i could waste it all over again.我希望所有被我浪费的时间重新回来,让我再浪费一遍。


I like you the way you were.我喜欢你以前的样子。


You two go ahead to the movie without me,i don't want to be a third wheel.你们两个自己去看电影吧,我不想当电灯泡。


Do you have anyone in mind?你有心上人吗?


How long have you known her?你认识她多久了?


It was love at frist sight.一见钟情


I'd bettle hit the books.我要复习功课啦。


a piece of one's mind .直言不讳


He gave me a piece of mind,"Don't shift responsibility onto others."他责备道:“不要把责任推卸到别人身上。”


a cat and dog life 水火不容的生活


The husband and his wife are always quarrelling,and they are leading a cat and dog life.这对夫妇老是吵架,相互之间水火不容。


a dog's life 潦倒的生活


The man lived a dog's life.这个人生活潦倒。 


A to Z 从头至尾


I know that from A to Z. 我很了解这件事。


above somebody 深奥


Well,this sort of talk is above me.我不懂你们在讲什么。


all ears 全神贯注地倾听着


When you tell Mary some gossip,she is all ears.跟Mary讲一些小道消息,她会听地仔仔细细。


all the more 更加,益发


You'll be all the better for a holiday.度一次假,对你会更有好处。


all dressed up 打扮得整整齐齐


She is all dressed up and nowhere to go.她打扮得整整齐却无处炫耀。


all in all 总的说来;最心爱的东西


The daughter is all in all to him.女儿是他的无价宝。


all out 竭尽全力


They went all out.他们鼓足了干劲。


all over 全部结束;浑身,到处


Glad,it is all over.这事全部结束了,好得很。


I'm wet all over.我浑身都湿了。


all set 准备就绪


He is all set for an early morning start.他已做好清晨出发的一切准备。


all you have to do 需要做得是


All you have to do is to calm yourself down and wait for the good news.你需要做得是静下心来等好消息。


as easy as falling of a log /as easy as snapping your fingers /as easy as ABC 容易得很


To me,a good story teller,it would be as easy as falling of a log.

对我来说,讲个故事还不是随手拈来。

as busy as a bee 非常忙


Mum is always as busy as a bee in the moring.妈妈每天早上都忙得不可开交。


at one's fingertips 了如指掌


How to get at that little island is at his fingertips.他知道怎么去那个小岛。


at one's wit's end 智穷


Don't ask him.It is also at his wit's end.不要问他了,他也不知道。


big shot 大人物,大亨


He is a big shot in our little town.


black sheep 败家子,害群之马


Every family has a black sheep.家家有本难念的经。


black and blue 遍体鳞伤


The thief was caught of red-handed and beaten black and blue.那个小偷当场被抓住并被打得青一块紫一块的。


black and white 白纸黑字


The proof is in black and white and the murderer has no any excuses.证据确凿,凶手再也无话可说。


blind alley 死胡同


You are heading into a blind alley.你正在钻牛角尖。


blow hot and cold 摇摆不定


This guy seemed to have no own idea.He always blew hot and cold.这家伙好象没什么主张,总是摇摆不定。


blow one's own trumpet 自吹自擂


Don't blow your own tumpet.Let us see what on earth you can do.不要自吹自擂了,让我们看看你到底能做什么。


born with a silver in one's mouth 出生在富贵人家


He is born with a silver in one's mouth.他是含着金钥匙出生的。


bland new 崭新的


a bland new coat 新衣服


break the ice 打破沉默


The couple hadn't spoken to each other for a week.They were both waiting for the other one to break the ice.这对夫妇已经一个星期没说过话了。两人都在等另一方先开口。


by a blow 无意中的一击


He is beaten to the ground by a blow.他被击到在地。


can't stand it any longer 不能再忍受了


I can't stand it any longer,I quit.我再也忍受不了了,我走。


carry something too far 过火了


You are carrying your joke too far.你玩笑开得太过分了。


castle in the sky 海市蜃楼


You plan is nearly a castle in the sky.你的计划简直就是空想。


cats got one's tongue 哑口无言


chain smoker 老烟枪


come up with 产生,想出


Let me come up with some ideas.让我想一想。


come easily 容易


Languages come easily to some people.有些人能够很容易地掌握语言。


cup of tea 喜欢


Movies are not my cup of tea.我不喜欢看电影。


cut it out 停止,住嘴


Cut it out!I can't stand you any longer.


call it a day 不再做下去,停止(某种活动)


Let us call it a day,stop.这一天工作够了,停工吧! dark horse 黑马


Nobody considered that John would win the game.He was a dark horse in the final.


dear John letter 绝交信


Jack received a dear John letter from his girlfriend because he had broken her heart.


do somone good 对某人有好处


Having some moring exercises does you good.


Do you get me? 你明白我的意思吗?


doesn't count 这次不算


It doesn't count this time,try again.


doesn't make sense 不懂;没有任何意义


The sentence you made doesn't make any sense to me.


down and out 穷困潦倒


Being down and out,he couldn't support his family.


drive at 用意,意欲


What's he driving at?他用意何在?


drop in 偶然拜访


I dropped him in on my way to the hospital.


drop me a line 写信给我


On arriving the University,please drop me a line.


early bird 早起的人


An early bird catchs worms。捷足先登


easy come easy go 来得快去得也快


eat my words 收回前言,认错道歉


I said something bad to my mum.Although I want to eat my words back, it didn't work,for I had hurt my mum's feeling.


face the music 直面困难


He knew he'd never get away with it so he decided to face the music and give himself up to the police.他知道自己不可能逃脱,因此决定一人做事一人当——向警察自首。


face up to 勇敢地面对某事


You must learn to face up to your responsibilities.


fed up 厌倦


I am rather fed up with your complaints.


feel free to do something 不要拘束


Please feel free to make suggestions.


few and far between 很少,稀少


Human beings are few and far between in this zone.


French leave 不辞而别


give me a headache 让人头痛


The naughty boy gave me a headache.


give me a hand 帮我一下


go Dutch AA制


God bless you 上帝保佑你


God bless you with your examinations.


God knows 天知道


Got it? 明白了吗?


green thumbs /fingers 园艺技能


hands are full 非常忙


have a ball 勇敢


have had it 受够了


I have had it with all your excuses.我受够了你的借口。


hold water 站得住脚


Non of his arguements seem to hold water.


in every sense of word 在某种意义上说


It's a lie in every sense of word.这是不折不扣的谎言。


keep an eye on 提高警惕


kill time打发时间


lazy bones 懒骨头


Get up lazy bones!


leave it to me 让我来吧


leave me alone 别管我 


like father like son 有其父必有其子


like it or not 不管你喜不喜欢


make a fool of oneself 愚弄某人


make a big money 赚大钱


make both ends need 收支平衡


We have to cut our expenses to make both ends need.


make waves 引起轰动;兴风作浪


His achievement made waves in his country.


make yourself at home 别拘束


no good 没有好结果


Bad mam comes to no good.


no kidding 不要开玩笑


none of your bussiness 不关你的事


not really 也不是……


old hand 老手


He is an old hand at stealing.


old story 老一套


I am tired of it,same old story.


on one's word of honor 以某人的人格担保


on occasion 间或


of one's own accord 自愿地


packed like sardins 拥挤


During the holidays,people in the trains are packed like sardins.


pass away 去世


pay the price 付出代价


You are playing with the fire and you must pay the poice one day.


put up with 忍受


I cann't put up with your rudeness any more;leave my room.


red-letter day 重要的或值得纪念的日子


red tape 繁文缛节


red carpet 红地毯


run into 偶遇


I ran into an old friend in the shop yesterday.


run out of 用尽,缺少


Quick,quick,we are running out of time.


show up 炫耀


small potatos 小人物



so what? 那怎么样呢?


stand up for 忍受


suit one's taste 对某人的胃口


sunday dress 最好的衣服


sure thing 十有把握的事


take one's time 尽情玩


Take your time and enjoy it.


take the words out of one's mouth 说出某人想说得话


that's it 就是


that is really something 太好了


there is nothing I can do 我什么都不能做


there you go 这边请


there is nothing wrong with me 我没事


under the table 死底下,秘密地


under the weather 身体不适


what's going on 怎么了


what a man 多勇敢的人啊


walking dictionary 活字典


what is up 近来可好


Hi,I haven't seen you for a long time,what's up?


world class 一流的

Share this article on :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...